We all have fears when it comes to evangelization. Imagine going to a country where you don’t even speak the language! That’s the experience of today’s podcast guest, Tina Augustine. Tina helped spearhead the first-ever international FOCUS team and hearing her thoughts on evangelization, spiritual poverty, and the great commission was fascinating. I love her insight on why missionaries are sometimes sent to westernized countries (when I said I was becoming a missionary, I had wayyyy too many people ask where I was going in Africa 🙄) and why it’s so important for Catholics to share their faith. Enjoy!
Today’s episode was brought to you by Rose Harrington, a home to botanical rosary art inspired by the tradition of Mary Gardens as well as paper and ceramic hand lettered goods, all made in the USA. Head to roseharrington.com and pick up some gorgeous art for your home while supporting a Catholic entrepreneur.
- Why Tina became a FOCUS missionary
- How she wound up in Austria
- The difficulties of evangelizing in a place where you don't speak the language
- Why westernized countries also need evangelization
- The prevalence of spiritual poverty
- How anyone, anywhere can and should be a missionary
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links.