Can you imagine living on the other side of the world from your family and customs? Or not even being able to talk to your husband on your wedding anniversary? Similar to last week's guest, Suzanna Hinzman is currently living abroad--but not as a missionary. She moved to Europe from Texas due to her spouse's military career. It was so fascinating to chat with Suzanna about what it was like to uproot her entire life, move across the world, and attempt to cultivate a Catholic community. I also loved her insight on sacrificing for your husband and how to maintain a feminist mindset while navigating what it means to live so sacrificially. She had such a unique input and it was a joy to chat with her. I hope you enjoy our chat!
Today’s episode was brought to you by Audible. For a free audio book, head on over to audibletrial.com/catholic.
- How she wound up in Germany from Texas
- What it's like to live on the opposite side of the world from her family
- How living abroad has brought her closer to God
- What it's like to cultivate a Catholic community within the military community
- The hardest and most rewarding parts of being a military spouse
- 5 Love Languages Military Edition: The Secret to Love That Lasts
- The 21 Undeniable Secrets of Marriage
- Consoling the Heart of Jesus
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links.