This week, I'm speaking with Shannon Ochoa, the mission leader of Brew City Catholic and the co-founder of the Eden Invitation. Shannon and I chat about Edith Stein, aka St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, and how her writings on gender influenced Shannon's outlook on womanhood. In a world where half the people tell you women belong in the kitchen and the other half tell you there are zero differences between men and women besides anatomy, Shannon provides a refreshing outlook on gender roles, a woman's "place", and what it means to be female. Enjoy!
- Why Shannon embarked on an adventure in campus ministry
- Who Edith Stein was and what she believed
- What complimentarianism is and how it challenges society's current outlook on gender
- How to be a "woman" if you don't fit in the "meek and mild" category
- Why gender stereotypes are stupid, outdated, and hurtful
- How rape culture has affected our humanity as women
- The unique differences between men and women