On today’s podcast we’re chatting with the one and only Sam Povlock of FemCatholic! We talked about why she started her popular blog, why she identifies as a feminist, and why so many Catholics don’t resonate with that particular word. She makes the awesome point that all of the “hot button” issues in the Catholic Church (abortion, male priesthood, etc.) are all woman-centric and it can either drive women to or away from the Church. We also talked about how tough it is to be a working mom and how we can’t believe in 2017 we’re still arguing about whether or not women “should” work. Enjoy!
- Why Sam started her blog, FemCatholic
- Why some Catholic women have an issue with the word "feminist"
- The "hot button" issues of the Church and why they all have to do with women
- How Theology of the Body, sex, and birth control all tie into feminism
- The need for Catholic feminists to stand up and take pride
- Sam's devotion to Edith Stein
- The Female Priesthood: What I Learned and What I Know Now