Let’s be real: the Church has some hard teachings. It’s not afraid to call us to a very high standard in order to make us saints. One of the teachings that’s the hardest for me to swallow? The Church’s teachings on contraception. This year is the 50th anniversary of Humanae Vitae, Pope Paul VI’s encyclical on why birth control is immoral. This is obviously a major place we differentiate from our secular feminist sisters, and today’s podcast guest, Mallory Smyth of Endow, breaks it down in a meaningful, easy-to-understand way. If you’ve ever thought about scooping up Humanae Vitae or learning more about why the Church gives the green light to NFP but warns against contraception, today’s episode is perfect for you.
Today’s episode was brought to you by the Meaningful Market. Whether you’re looking for a beautiful print for your home or a fashionable tank with a truthful message, you can find what you’re looking for at meaningfulmarketshop.com and support a Catholic entrepreneur at the same time. For 15% off your first order, enter discount code “TCFPOD15.”
Today’s episode was also brought to you by Audible. For a free audio book, head on over to audibletrial.com/catholic.
- How Mallory wound up at ENDOW
- How papal encyclicals have brought her closer to God
- What Humanae Vitae is and why it's so underrated
- Why the Church views birth control and Natural Family Planning as two separate things
- What Pope Paul VI predicted about birth control and how it's all coming true
- How we're both overly impacted by the weather...