Today on the podcast, I’m chatting with someone many of you are familiar with: former Top Model contestant/current amazing Catholic woman Leah Darrow. I know this ain’t the confessional but I have something to get off my chest…I used to be a HUGE Top Model fan. My friends and I had watch parties in high school and I’m pretty sure there are embarrassing fake “audition” tapes we made floating around somewhere. But Leah exposes a side of the beauty industry that our current culture is often wary to admit: the side that uses women as PRODUCTS, not people.
Leah and I talk about a range of topics, from why she left modeling to whether or not there’s a place for worldly “beauty” in the Catholic landscape. We also discuss her new book, The Other Side of Beauty. It was a real treat to speak with this podcaster, wife, mom, writer, speaker, and daughter of God, and I hope you enjoy listening to our conversation as much as I enjoyed having it!
- Why Leah auditioned for Top Model
- The moment that reverted her back to her Catholic faith
- The steps she took from broken model to Catholic faithful
- Whether or not worldly beauty has a place in a Catholic woman's life
- Her new book, The Other Side of Beauty
- Why she co-founded the Lux Conference
Enter to win Leah's book!
Leah is generously giving away three copies of her book, The Other Side of Beauty. Enter to win by midnight on 2/27. Winners will be informed 2/28. If you don't respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.