Hands up if you’ve ever struggled with getting past the idea of “perfect”. That's what I thought! Today’s podcast guest, author Kate Wicker, has been there. We chat all about mommy martyr syndrome and the importance of valuing yourself as a woman and human beyond the idea of a “mom”. There’s no one-size-fits-all to holiness! Even if you’re not a mama, I think the idea of getting over “perfect” is one that can resonate. Kate also offers great tips for raising daughters to be feminists, which I love.
Today’s episode was brought to you by the Meaningful Market. Whether you’re looking for a beautiful print for your home or a fashionable tank with a truthful message, you can find what you’re looking for at meaningfulmarketshop.com and support a Catholic entrepreneur at the same time. For 15% off your first order, enter discount code “TCFPOD15.”
Today’s episode was also brought to you by Kindred Bravely. From the bump to the breast, this maternity and nursing wear company has you covered. It’s also run by working moms—love! For 15% off your first order, head to kindredbravely.com and enter the discount code “GRATEFUL”.
- When Kate realized she was suffering from Mommy Martyr Syndrome
- The importance of understanding your role in the family and community
- How Kate finds time for self-care
- Finding balance between motherhood and pursuit of passions
- How Kate is raising her daughters to be feminists
- The difference between "sexy" and "beautiful"
This post may contain affiliate links.