"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." - Jesus.
When Kallin, a Tulane student, came home from dinner at her sorority house to find her home burning down, it was a radical moment in her life. Jesus didn't ask her to give Him her possessions--he straight up took 'em. Kallin and I have a conversation on what it was like to lose everything she owned, how the Lord used the tragedy to instill in her gratitude, and what the generosity of others taught her about God.
I've known Kallin for four years and she's an inspiring, amazing young woman. I'm so happy to be able to share our chat with you today!
- How Kallin helped the Tulane Catholic Center grow and flourish
- How to evangelize when the community isn't exactly ripe for evangelization
- What happened when her home burned down
- How studying abroad in Thailand helped shape her view on possessions
- How humbling it is to go from being the "giver" to the "receiver"
- The true meaning of generosity
- The lessons God taught her through this experience
Join the Contentment Challenge
Are you ready for 7 days of ZERO unplanned spending and some prayerful emails for accountability? Turn away from buying meaningless items and turn towards Jesus.