Enter to win an ethical gift package!
Need a gift for your mom...or a little self-care for yourself? ;) Enter here to win a gift of ethically sourced goods from CRS, including chocolate, earrings, and shea butter!
This week I’m speaking with Erin Mackey from Catholic Relief Services. I don't know about you, but I'm an ignorant shopper: I buy $4 t-shirts because their $4, and I don't stop to think about the conditions of the factory workers. I just don't! But I'm working to change that. Worker's rights are very important to the Catholic faith and, as Erin says, popes have been writing about the issue for years. It was great to speak with Erin and I hope her tips and tricks help you to shop smarter and more ethically.
"I address a strong appeal that the dignity and safety of the worker always be protected." - Pope Francis
- Why Erin got involved in ethical trade
- What ethical trade is and why it's important for Catholics
- The difference between fair trade and ethical trade
- Why we buy to fill holes instead of turning to Jesus
- The changes CRS went through when it came to ethical trade
- How fast fashion is hurting the environment
- Why and how CRS vets shops for their ethical trade website
- How to shop ethically on a budget
Find Catholic Relief Services: