Today on the podcast we’re chatting with Ashley McKinless, an editor at America Magazine and the host of the podcast Jesuitical. Ashley and I chat all about how she got started at America and what she thinks about the “great divide” in Catholics right now. Let’s be real—when people say “Jesuits”, a lot of Catholics have opinions that are simply untrue. It was fun clearing it all up with Ashley and learning why Jesuits are a treasured part of our Catholic faith! As an added bonus, I also threw my interview on Jesuitical onto the podcast feed for easy listening. (PS—Happy All Saints Day! All Saints in Heaven, pray for us!)
Today's episode was sponsored by Kindara, a fertility awareness app that helps women learn more about their bodies and avoid or achieve pregnancy naturally.
- How Ashley grew closer to the Lord in college
- How she wound up at America Magazine
- What the Jesuits are and how they were founded
- Why she started the podcast Jesuitical
- Why she doesn't believe in the labels "liberal" or "conservative" Catholic
- How America Magazine handles nasty Internet comments