You know when you have your life planned out, you present it to God, and He whips up something totally different than you had imagined? That’s what happened to today’s podcast guest, Amanda Teixeira. It was great to have Amanda back on the show to talk about her journey with infertility and adopting her two amazing daughters! Amanda shares what she’s done to try and get her fertility back on track (it’s more like what HASN’T she done…), how she heard God calling her and her family to adoption, and how she and her husband utilized social media to locate the birth mothers of their two daughters. Something we talked about that I had never even thought about was the deep connection Amanda feels with her daughter’s birth mothers. This episode is perfect for anyone concerned about their own fertility or feeling a call to adoption.
This episode is sponsored by the first ever Ethical Trade Holiday Gift Guide produced by CRS Ethical Trade. Christmas can be stressful when we are constantly trying to find the perfect present. But when you buy from companies that you know care about the environment and the workers who make their products, you know you are doing something good.
- When Amanda first realized her fertility wasn't functioning properly
- The different kinds of methods she tried to get her body back on track
- Why she wasn't tempted to use IVF
- How she and her husband discerned adoption
- How they utilized social media to locate the birth mothers of their two daughters
- How adoption starts with a loss and why you should never say "just adopt"
- What to do if a good friend is experiencing infertility and you want to help but are unsure how
- How a particular book is bringing her closer to God right now
- My Sisters the Saints
- Brene Brown on Empathy vs. Sympathy
- In the Likeness of Christ
- What Not to Say to a Loved One With Infertility