Tired of feeling like you can't blend your "Catholic" and "feminist" identities?
It’s time to kiss that feeling goodbye (or kick it in the butt.)
You’ve heard empowering interviews and read articles written by thoughtful, forward-thinking women. You’ve meditated on Mary and Martha. You’ve even gone to a pro-life march or two. But you’re still not feeling quite like your identity as a Catholic feminist has been solidified. You’re still angsty about having one foot in one world and one foot in the other.
You know you want to...
- Call yourself a feminist without shame or embarrassment
- Explain to people the Catholic Church’s pro-women views
- Have conversations that don’t end in tears or Facebook blocking
- Fully understand and embrace the Church’s teachings
- Live out the feminine genius within your own vocation and season
But you find yourself...
- Standing by and not defending the faith when you know you should be
- Sitting in conversations with faithful Catholics and wanting to shake them a little (or a lot)
- Believing “Catholic feminist” is an oxymoron + that the two can’t co-exist
- Being too conservative for your liberal friends and too liberal for your conservative ones
- Feeling like you’re living a weird double life where everyone thinks you’re a “bad woman”
Welcome to Forty Days to a Feminist Faith, an e-retreat for the modern Catholic woman.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t have the time or finances for a full-fledged retreat nearly as often as I’d like. But with Forty Days to a Feminist Faith, you can have a retreat-like experience with a group of women from across the country…all from the comfort of your inbox.
Forty Days to a Feminist Faith is a forty-day e-retreat designed to help you understand and embrace the cornerstones of Catholic feminism—and then to send you sailing into the world of evangelization, social justice, and disciple-raising. Because we’re in a battle for truth and beauty and goodness, and it’s time we started claiming the victory for the victory of God. Can I get an Amen?!
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- The retreat takes place from 8/23/17 - 10/1/17. We conclude on St. Therese's feast day!
- Commit to praying 15 minutes a day.
- Every morning, you’ll receive an email. Every other day, it will be a lesson plan designed to tackle some of the trickiest topics of our faith through a feminist lens. On the in between days, it will be a guided meditation to help you dive into your spirituality and embrace the Lord through this journey.
- You’ll be added to a private Facebook group where you can ask questions and get community support.
WHAT WE'LL LEARN:
Quarter 1: The Dignity of Women
- What the Feminine Genius is
- The history of the word “feminism” and the separate eras
- The differences between secular feminism and Catholic feminism
- How to effectively communicate with secular feminists
- Our biblical mothers who model feminism for us beautifully
- How to discover our personality types to best utilize our own unique gifts
Quarter 2: Becoming Truly Pro-Life People
- The Catholic Church’s view on abortion and why it’s a pro-woman stance
- Why the Catholic Church believes birth control is anti-woman and anti-marriage
- How the epidemic of sex trafficking is silently hurting our world
- To identify systematic poverty in our own neighborhoods and combat it
- Why the death penalty must be abolished
- How to support ethical scientific research that upholds life and why it’s important to do so
Quarter 3: Women at Work
- What the Catholic Church says about women in the workforce and female leadership
- How to uphold the dignity of workers
- The importance of combating sexism and fighting for equal pay
- How to bring your faith into your work without getting fired
- The importance and beauty in choosing not to traditionally work
- How to handle stress and business in an effective, holy way
Quarter 4: Thriving in Vocations
- What a vocation is and how to discern yours
- The different types of vocations God calls us to
- How to seek peace within your current vocation
- How to react and respond when others don’t understand your choices
- How to live out feminism in any given vocation
- The importance of trusting God with our vocation and some tactical tips and tricks to do so
Throughout the e-retreat, there will also be a heavy emphasis on prayer. Every other email will be a guided meditation to help you dive further into your relationship with Jesus and stay centered in prayer throughout your experience.
Why forty days? Forty is an important amount of time in the Bible. In the Old Testament, God brought the rain for forty days to cleanse the Earth of wickedness and breathe into it new life. Moses and the Israelites wandered the desert for an excruciating forty years, hands out stretched and hearts full of achy hope. Jesus was tempted for forty days and stood firm against Satan and all his might. There were forty days between the resurrection and the ascension, forty days in which Jesus proved his identity and called sinners home. If it was good enough for Jesus, it’s good enough for us. It’s long, y’all! But it’ll be so worth it.
Get started now. Forty Days to a Feminist Faith is only $40—that’s one dollar a day for an online experience that will truly change the way you hear the word feminism and empower you to go forth and change the world.
10% of proceeds from this e-retreat will go towards The Guiding Star Project, a non-profit health center for women. For more information on Guiding Star, listen to episode #9 with Leah Jacobson.
What you get:
- Forty emails chock-full of Catholic feminist goodness.
- Access to a private Facebook group for support, community, and weekly Q & A’s on Facebook Live.
- A shiny new outlook on Catholicism, feminism, and your identity as a Catholic woman.
- Accountability for 15 minutes of daily prayer.